Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Classroom Set Up

I think I'm close to having my room finished. Take a look.......

My Calendar Area: I've gone with a Dr. Seuss theme for my classroom this year. Check my freebies page to download a copy of our Number of the Day poster. I had it enlarged and laminated.



I can't take credit for this display. I saw one similar on Beth's Newingham's Website (It's great! Click the link below to check it out). As we read books throughout the year I will have students mark on the maps places the characters have been. A great way to integrate geography and reading!






Photos From Our Library Area













Fab Find! I found this stand below at a flea market for $5. I spray painted it red for the classroom and it's great for my books that are too big for the buckets!


This year I really want to work on expanding my student's vocabulary. In addition to our word wall, I've also created a vocabulary wall to display the words we work on each week.


Every year I find myself thinking of new classroom management strategies. On this bulletin board I plan to take pictures of my students when they are making good choices and then display their picture and the good choice they made around it.


No comments:

Post a Comment