Friday, July 12, 2013

Getting Ready for Math!

I've been creating some new math materials for the upcoming school year. Here are previews of 2 new items I've posted on Teachers Notebook and TeachersPayTeachers. The first is a Polka Dot Number Line. The preview has numbers 1-20, but the entire file in my shop has from 1-180. I'm doing a polka dot theme this year, so the number line had to match :). I've printed and laminated my number line and plan to add one number each day as part of our calendar time. All of the odd numbers are on a white background and the even numbers on a yellow background. The multiples of 5 have a blue polka dot background and all of the other numbers have a red polka dot background. I plan to put the multiples of 10 on gray squares, so we can practice our skip counting by 2's, 5's and 10's. The number line was designed for 2nd grade, but would be great in a K/1 classroom as well.

Polka Dot Number Line

The 2nd new item is a math word wall. The full document contains 40 slides, but my preview contains 10. It has the words along with definitions and pictures. All of the vocabulary words chosen relate directly to the common core standards for 2nd grade math. The full versions are only $1.50 each.
Math Word Wall



No comments:

Post a Comment